PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2019, 11:19
EMB-145LR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Archive mole
sudden twang: Yes, yes and yes. No proof of your allegation.

Buter: Perhaps you should look at the context of what and why I wrote what I did.

‘Overpaid bus drivers’ - apart from operating your aircraft within the limitations using SOPs, what is so special about BA pilots? Do you print out your own paperwork each time you report to work; do you have to set up the refuel panel for the fuelling; do you open and close cargo holds; do you empty and refill the potable water tank, or even know how to ‘drop’ a toilet and refill the fluid? Ever cleaned a cabin or assisted in doing so? Cabin/hold security search; load bags or secure cargo with nets? Do you even have to arrange your own transport to and from hotels? Of course you don’t. You simply fly the aircraft; hence, unlike many hard working pilots, you are overpaid glorified bus drivers.

When did you fail the BA selection, and how many times, old bean? I'll see if we have any battered cod to go with that chip on your shoulder. (By the way, have done all of the above and more at previous jobs and airlines prior to joining BA, I would say the sheer amount of knowledge and overall direction of the operation required from the flight deck in an average day at BA far exceeds any of my previous operators, including the single aircraft twin prop operation with three pilots that I used to work for.)