PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Cook and Air Nelson contract
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2019, 17:05
Fush n Chups

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ElZilcho
Just look over the ditch to our neighbors at QF... Cobham, Network, Express Freighters, Jetstar, JetConnect, did I miss anyone??

For link Pilots to moan about that scope clause is incredibly short sighted... or perhaps incredibly selfish coming from those whose career progression stopped in the regionals?

Do we really want to be a “Group Airline” climbing all over each in a bid race to the bottom for new types/routes?

Tag&Release and the GOP list is ALPA (and the company) looking out for regional pilots at the expense of every other Pilot joining Air NZ. If it goes ahead, a 19 year old Cadet will forever have seniority on (for example) the ex Cathay Captain joining us. Sure the Cathay Pilot might start on the A320, but they’ll have 600 regional Pilots & 400 Jet Pilots ahead of them for promotion. They’ll be an F20 until retirement so why would they join?
I don't think anyone in the links looking to jump over anyone in the jet fleet with group seniority nor would it ever get approved. I think that would be an extremely s*** thing for anyone to even consider. If that is the case it's a very select minority.
On the flip side I don't really feel any sympathy for current jet pilots that left NZ to chase the big money overseas that was a decision they made knowing full well that the door back home might shut. While guys who have been working within the links for 5+ years are being severely disadvantaged and big brother is actively excluding people contributing to the companies success and rewarding deserters. Well yes it is a smart business move (only in the short term) but it's extremely disheartening for current employees and leading to continual high turn over rates which is creating a bottleneck where pilots can't be released because of shortages and actually causing the company to sink big money into continuously training pilots to refill roles.

We all know the GOP will never happen and these recent link fossil's that walked in without an interview have ruined it for everyone else behind them by underperforming and failing or needing extra training. The interview should have been left in place that way only people who seriously wanted to join the jets would have applied and not created such a massive back long, now current link pilots are staring down the barrel of 10+ years in regional before transferring across.