PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Savings Emirates Dubai FO
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2019, 10:27
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by HOOROO
Haven’t seen that many rosters but one of them looked like it could be doable with 3 days off afterwards. Again, I’m not going to say otherwise to what you guys are saying, you’re obviously in the know but it’s more of an idealist view that we have before getting up there. I’ve also heard about a no long haul rule for new joiners for the first 6 months after getting checked to line. If this is true and you can’t do long haul, doesn’t that just leave Europe, India and returns?
Originally Posted by HOOROO
I’ve heard the no long haul from a number of different current EK A380 pilots so I tend to think it could be true. Something about needing experience rather than time in the bunk
Commendably you admitted to being a new joiner in your earlier post, and so like most things at EK your friends and colleagues can often guide you in the right direction to find the information or answers you seek. In this case, I suggest you look in section 4.04 of that little book called OM-A, which you will probably be given an electronic copy of before you start at the Training College.
In the good ole' days, printed copies of this manual were everywhere including onboard, but it now changes so frequently it is hard to keep a hard copy current.
That said, if you are undertaking any EK training course printing a hard copy of the current version of OM-A is still worth its weight in gold.

Originally Posted by fatbus
I have seen a very large number of family disasters because of guys not taking the good advice of colleagues in the rejoin . Come but come prepared, meaning make sure your family is fully aware of what they are embarking on . I still know wives afraid to drive , some schools close others an hour drive twice a day . MS 30-40 min drive to the beach if no traffic .
yes you can save !
I totally agree. I am still frequently amazed when speaking to guys and girls on the flight deck that didn't speak to anyone in the company before they applied, considered the recruiting offer, signed their bond, or started training and then wondered why their integration experience was so difficult for the first 12 months.