PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No new LAME positions at QF for the next 6-8 years.
Old 15th Sep 2019, 09:30
empire4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gordonfvckingramsay
QF going down the same road as Cobham? because that’s been a roaring success. The 717 now has a very bad reputation as an unreliable aircraft because it was maintained “on demand” and by the lowest bidder. If QF truly go down this path, they will become a laughing stock.
Maintenance on demand is not the problem with the B717. Its the muppets at Qlink and the CAMO. There are some really good guys at Cobham 145, as there are at QF. Qlink is NOT QF.

QF is already doing maintenance on demand. The difference you are speaking of is the LAME-less tarmac which QF still do not do. Whats funny is every time I look over and see the good old QF boys doing a push back I have a little chuckle which gets particularly louder when its raining or cold as I'm sipping my coffee in the engineering van. Probably some time this century I hope they realise that chucking chocks, placing cones and telling a pilot brakes off is not being an engineer.

100% agree that Qantas is going to have some tough years ahead, and the shortage of engineers in Oz is only going to get bigger!