PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Headsets... 737
Thread: Headsets... 737
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2019, 19:20
LEVC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dogma
Evening

It appears that one of the most elegant and cost effective headsets the UflyMike QC35 Bose combo isn’t TSO Certified? Is this an issue in EASA land?

Any recommendations on the more compact, high performance end?

Don't like BOSE own products either way too big or way too weird
Telex 850 works well, no batteries and good enough level noise reduction/cancelling.
Small bag provided to keep them in your flight bag.
Very light, although in very long flights may become a bit uncomfortable due to lack of padding/protection on the upper part that rests on your head.

not as effective as Bose and equivalents regarding noise.

Price around 400/450 Euros depending where you buy it.

I believe Telex has come up with a new model equivalent to the 850 with similar specs and price.

The earcup covers are, after 5 years of continuous use starting to peel of, a set costs me 20 Euros.

If you are looking for something simple, effective, light and small and decent price the telex may be a good option.

If you want complete silence and/or features like Bluetooth connection and the such then look for a Bose or Senheiser.

A colleague has been using the ANR David clark, the small earcup version pro x or similar name, and it’s confortable, level of noise reduction similar to the telex, but double the price, looks more resistant though and the earcup cover that comes in contact with your ear skin is real leather, I’ve tried them and they are good, Only thing I don’t like is that batteries are required and I am sure I will forget to buy them and will end up flying with no ANR more than once.

Many colleagues swear by Bose and senheiser, they are really effective noise wise, but in my opinion they are expensive, bulky and require batteries.

👍