PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2019, 13:12
Troo believer

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
Comparing the 1972 route map with the 2019 one almost all of Europe has gone, the Middle East has gone, no flights to the sub-continent, and been there has been partial replacement by flights to East Asia

I take the points about domestic - but never underestimate just what people will put up with to save $10.............

Internationally Chinese airlines will continue to grow and might bring serious pressure on those Chinese routes.

To my mind Project Sunrise is quite a clever response to their problems - if your main market is UK or US to Australia then by flying direct you are doing something your main opposition (SQ, Qatar, Emirates etc) can't compete on and may never be able to compete on.

Not too sure about the benefits of the vast QF Loyalty scheme - I suspect it puts bums on seats but is diluting the income - especially when those points are used to upgrade to Business or Prem Econ.

Qantas makes money out of the points they sell. Do you think they give them away? One can’t survive without the other. As for project Sunrise (browneye) it’s a certainty. I’ll bet my left .. on it. Why else would Qantas promote 3 flights which will attract massive publicity if it wasn’t going to happen. It will happen but which aircraft they choose I’ve no idea. You wouldn’t go down this path of self promotion unless you already know the outcome. I predict an announcement after the LHR-SYD flight which ties in nicely with the 100th year anniversary. It’s a fait accompli. It’s so obvious you’d have to be an Ostrich not to see it.