PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - forced to pay for a type rating!
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2003, 14:44
Aviate378

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
capt Danny

...to answer into your question; Oh yes, surely there would be some guys desperate enough to take even a job like that! (NOT including me...)

I would like to ask one question from you as well (and I would like to include all employers after "cheap" work force). Have you ever given even a single thought where this road is leading you all on the long run? Have you ever given a thought what motivates a young fellow to choose a pilot career?

It has become very clear to all of us pilots that you are taking the whole and full advantage of the lousy job market situation we are experiencing at the moment, but do you really think that this will last forever? Cos if you do, I think that you are wrong!!!

How are you going to attract young and educated people to spend all the money for (what's these days extremely expensive) initial training, force them to buy the type rating, sell them some experience on the right seat and then reward some lucky one with your £ 2,- pay scale??? HELLO??? Where do you think you will find drivers 10 years from here???

Let me quess the answer: You really don't care because,when that day finally arrives, YOU KNOW THAT YOUR COMPANY DOES NOT EVEN EXIST ANYMORE!!!

Last edited by Aviate378; 7th Nov 2003 at 23:24.