PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford Vs L3 (CTC)
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2019, 13:48
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
These “no hopers” hopefully removed at an early stage of training can depend entirely on the market in my experience as I recall a couple of students who reached a spectacular 40-50 hours, numerous review boards etc. prior to solo, who were allowed to continue despite their apparent ineptitude. One certainly made it to RYR in the end. Another I remember chopped just short of about 35 hours and no solo on the horizon at a fair weather base but was actually allowed to continue training back at home by the same school. Got through the CPL IIRC but never made it to the IR.

I find it interesting whenever these discussions appear that folk are prepared to pay top dollar for integrated training on the basis that you might get an interview (again, when the market is buoyant...plenty didn't during the last downturn but according to the marketing, that's the best time to train, right?), yet accept that the instructors are barely out of training themselves. Naturally, you don't know this pre-training, and of course it's been this way for a long time, but it says a lot about the industry in terms of quality and experience vs access.