PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2019, 07:56
cessnapete

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave
Are they (BA) having a laugh?? They are now "begging" for volunteers to help get the operation back on track..... As they have extended a load of trips downroute by two days, pilots will be two days late home, and the longer trips generates extra EASA rest! So now theres loads of uncovered trips on 12/13/14th!! Who'd have thought that would happen!!! (facepalm) !

The crazy/hillarious thing is that the people who've been away (unable to strike) need legal rest, so the only people "available" to do these trips will be people who've striked.... and they are the people that have been punished with pay deductions and loss of staff travel.

Yet the company think they will come to work to "help out"????? Also, they wouldn't even be paid overtime rates as the company said any strikers picking up EOT within 5 days AFTER the strike finished won't get premium rate.....

Are they incompetent, f*****g lost the plot more like!

Have we got a confirmed figure on how many turned up to "work"? Also, has it been confirmed strikers have (for now) lost fleet change bid rights (forever?)? I think I might have missed that in the many Comms!! I'm sure we'll get it all back just have to remain united! "We are United"!
Presumably, as in past CC IA, Staff Travel, Bidding sanctions etc. and any other Management punishment will be included in any settlement. Before any Settlement is agreed, all sanctions will need to be removed.
Necessary to avoid the situation where pilots unfortunately rostered during Strike days, are disproportionately sanctioned over others on days off, who would have carried out IA.