PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Be aware of Korean air
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2019, 00:35
bringbackthe80s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Absolutely agree.
It’s all about how you want to live your life, and if you see these expats jobs as a means to experience new places and environments then we can agree that our generation has many opportunities that would have been unthinkable decades ago. Yes, there will be a lot of head nodding and many, many times you’ll be wondering if they’re seriously asking you to do what they’re asking you to do.
On the flip side, in many of these countries you’ll be treated with most respect and professionalism and not like a high school kid, given much much time for training, and enjoy probably the best mantainance and airport ops you’ll ever see.

If you’re someone who thinks mostly about pension contributions and the next holiday with extended family, then I strongly suggest to stay home or very close to home.

Would I advise a young copilot to come to Asia? Absolutely not.
But if you’re an experienced captain with years or decades of good training, then flying as an expat will expose you to many new situations and will eventually make you a better pilot than someone who spent the last 20 years in the same environment, but most importantly will make you a better and more flexible person.