PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The F28-1000 operated its first RPT service in Australia 50 years ago today
Old 10th Sep 2019, 09:29
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Flingwing47
As I recall the story told me when I started on the F28 in 1982, on the very first scheduled MMA flight from Perth on a cold winters morning there was a "moment" in the cockpit.
Two captains were operating (dangerous !) , both wearing their jackets - as the guy in the RH seat reached for the after start checklist, the cuff of his jacket caught the right engine FIRE handle and flipped it open.
As designed, this shut off the fuel - but to the LEFT engine ! Which of course shut down.
The investigation found that all the recent aircraft from the Fokker cottage industy factories had the wiring back the front....

wow Fokker!!

Not an F-28 but on our F-50’s we had a ( false ) Fire warning after landing in CBR and discharged an Engine Fire bottle in the left Engine. Later the Engineers asked us if we’d fired the bottles, seems the discharge light reset after the batteries were switched off and when you turned the batteries on again there was no discharge light.....Meaning any of the F-50’s could have been flying with empty bottles. All F-50’s grounded again, the only way was to weigh them until Fokker fixed the problem...

Damn little Fokkers....