PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2019, 16:18
cessnaxpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All the publication of “average salary” is a red herring. It doesn’t really matter, but the company uses it to try and say the pilots are unreasonable. What someone makes isn’t tied to how smart they are or how valuable they are... it’s what the market will bear. The modern society controlled by big business tries to always make labor the enemy. Worse yet, so many “common” working people don’t support labor, but rather buy into the false line of thinking pushed by the big corporations. Should your working 12 hour duty days, being gone from home countless days, studying for sim checks, etc etc enrich the shareholder? Management? We don’t want to kill the golden goose, but record profits are record profits.

I have a skill the company needs and I’m not easy to replace. I’ll leverage that to protect my livelihood and support my family. I work hard, I’m professional, and I emphasize safety. I know my colleagues at BA do the same! It takes years of training and skill to get to that level, so there is no reason you should settle for less than what the market can support. Especially on the heels of concessions and give backs.

Good luck! We’re with you!