PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why bother with EASA?
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2019, 14:16
Robbiee

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by hueyracer
Don't want to open a can of worms here...

But was told by a guy from Canada how "spoilt and arrogant" I was for asking about being "sponsored" a work permit.....

He said it would show how pilots from outside Canada would "expect" to be treated like princesses.... And that-if I wanted to work on Canada-I should go over there and get myself a work permit and a Canadian license before even thinking about applying for a job....

(exaggerating his words a bit for dramatic effect).

But basically, I had contacted several US companies before...the majority does not even reply to emails, and the few who did said there was nothing they could do about the work permit (I read this as "we need pilots, but we are not willing to do all the paperwork involved in helping you getting a work permit)..

I understand that the companies would need to show proof that they have tried to hire local pilots, but failed to find some...?
That's why I still truely believe the pilot shortage is a load of ****! Sure, some companies need pilots, but they're not willing to lift a finger (or take two seconds to reply to an email/text/phone call) to do anything about it.

GO AIRLINES!