PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BACX pilots to gain access to mainline
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2003, 01:17
beaver eager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Of course, if some of you guys were to forsake Golden Runways in favour of the overworked but small and friendly West Sussex base, you would find that totty really did abound! Most of the 'new blood' is ex-CFE of course but there are some crackers who were already there!

Not that I ever get near any mind you! ... Unless you count spending money on them in the Bar that is... (Even bigger ).

As for those who are a little less youthful, many of the ex-Dan pursers still have a twinkle in their eyes... I bet they were a riot 20 years ago! :tounge hanging out smiley:

Going back to BACX, my informed source from the BACXCC tells me that it was BA management who scuppered the previous 'integration' plans, rather than any specific failure to agree terms between the two BALPA groups. My understanding is that BA only wanted the Jet pilots involved in the deal, but the BACXCC stood up for their turboprop brothers and with an 'all or nothing' stance. Hence, they are where they are now, with most of the the Jetstream pilots working for Eastern Airways! I suspect that BA knew they were getting shot of the J41 fleet and wanted to delay the 'integration' until after the sale to Eastern. This could explain why it is (rumoured to be) back on the agenda again. That last bit is just my two pennorth guess, you understand.