PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project Sunrise
Thread: Project Sunrise
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2019, 11:39
dragon man

Received 605 Likes on 173 Posts
Originally Posted by morno

Isn’t the whole job of a CEO to make money for the airline? To increase the value of the company in the share price? Is he not doing that now?

He’s not there to advance your career, he’s there to run a frigging airline. I’m sure he still goes home and sleeps at night even though he hasn’t made a friend in you.

I’m not going to comment on his remuneration. Hell if someone was going to pay me $85m I’d take it too, who cares what some FO who’s cranky he hasn’t been promoted to Captain thinks. Be thankful you have a job, I’m sure there are many who would love to be in your position.
Firstly, I’m not an angry FO but an angry Captain who over 40 years has watched one of the most innovative and top ten airlines in the world be turned into a second rate carrier who has no respect for its staff nor customers. If you are happy for obscene amounts of money in pay and bonuses to be paid to management while they outsource jobs to contract labour companies while those staff exist on welfare so be it, we beg to differ. Only time will tell whose correct.