PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford Vs L3 (CTC)
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2019, 10:25
sms8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again some great responses thank you, unfortunately I only speak english so whoever that operator is, it's a non starter

My concern with the MPL course is this, what if for arguments sake you don't quite reach the exam grade they need or fail a practical test, they go bust or simply decide there not hiring for whatever reason after all? At least with a white tail route I should have my f/ATPL which can be used with any operator that can accept low hour pilots... or am I mistaken?

Timing wise its all a big gamble right now I'm aware the industry is very cyclical and right now the world and this country in particular is volatile, however I'm 31 yo and currently find myself in a situation where I can dedicate the time to doing this, I fear if I wait around a few more years I may miss opportunities and find myself on a different life path and possibly on the wrong side of 30 approaching 40, then the question arises is it still viable. One can't be guaranteed a medical as we age. For me this career is a lifelong ambition, there is nothing I want to achieve more right now, and I feel I'm fast approaching a bit of a now or never scenario.

Officer Kite, has summed up my situation and feeling’s perfectly, world economic reasons aside I'm really thinking go with the biggest most recognised players to ensure the most successful outcome, I somewhat can stomach the high costs if I'm landed (forgive the pun) in employment rather quickly, and therefore recuperating the costs and fulfilling the dream all whilst building hours in the air... I'm scared of doing the modular route to try and save £30 or £40k which of course is a huge amount of money, only to find that I've made a net loss as it's taken me longer to gain employment or worse, I'm still sat on the shelf. I of course realise that could happen either way if there are no jobs about. My hope and feeling is that if there is a downturn its somewhat over and done by the time I've got my license or it simply doesn't end up being that bad or happening at all...unfortunately we cant really predict this if I was able to I'd be better off buying stocks and shares and buy my own airline

It's all such a mind field and a huge decision with great financial loss if it all goes wrong, money that simply cannot be easily earned.

Last edited by sms8; 5th Sep 2019 at 16:14.