PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford Vs L3 (CTC)
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2019, 01:38
Chris the Robot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what the OP's prior background is, however if I would only go near an integrated course if one of the following criteria were met:
1. An airline was paying for it.
2. If finances were not a problem, I'd consider a self-funded mentored programme with an airline in a strong financial position.

Bear in mind that with (2) there is often a clause in the contract to the effect of "so long as the cadet meets the required performance and there are positions available". Airlines running MPL courses can and will dump people, who picks up the £100k+ tab I'm not totally sure. To pick up where the previous poster left on cost, a fairly well-known airline on the continent was reported to have set up their own training school because the cost of training they reckoned was £50/60k, not double that. The airline in question has run a semi-sponsored programme though you need to be fluent in three languages to apply.

With the industry being uncertain, modular gives you the advantage of changing your pace, if there's lots of recruitment you can speed up, if it's slow you can sit on a PPL for a while whilst gaining relevant experience (and cash) elsewhere.

I don't know so much about CAE but I know people who went to L-3 who are being "stood down" for the time being and/or sent to other training schools (which incidentally provide good modular courses) to complete their training.