PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Shuttleworth Displays - Feedback Required, Please
Old 6th Nov 2003, 20:48
Philo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbedane,
I have only just joined this forum, but am no stranger to such goings on and am known to quite few names that I see here. I think I have deduced who you are and I wish you well and hope to see you airborne again soon.
I think that this has been a pretty constructive thread, although I don't agree with all of the suggestions from my fellow enthusiasts.
I have also read some of the critisism on other threads,and have defended OW to a degree.
Through family committments etc I was only able to get to OW once this year and that was for the last Sunday show, I (other than the LVG dissapointment) thoroughtly enjoyed the day and immediately rejoined the SVAS. My intention is to get to as many events as possible next year.
As for specifics, I personally don't think OW is the place for jets, its a special arena filled with beautiful and unique aircraft ,lets keep it that way, for the time being anyway.
Denny, well he is exceptionally skilled and exciting to watch, but perhaps not at every OW event.
Visiting and different aircraft, some nice ideas here, but again OW has a good selection of very interesting 'home grown' stuff, do we need much more. Maybe the BBMF and RNHF and some Ferte Alais stuff occasionally.
I have to say I have never really had any need to complain about catering or toilet facilities, they are not perfect sure, but they are a world better than a lot offer.
Whatever happens just keep doing what you do, I for one will continue to support SVAS and OW.
Phil