PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - XIAMEN AIR B787 captain position
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2019, 03:42
WYOMINGPILOT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can only speak to the 737 side which they no longer recruit for, but Xiamen is a great place to live in China. Cleaner than most, a nice tropical climate but a bit cooler than Hong Kong/Shenzhen area. It has gotten a little more pricey past few years but still much cheaper than Beijing or Shanghai and a good sized city without dirty air and crazy traffic. The Expat relationship is a love/ hate syndrome. Some guys like the ExPats, the senior guys will dislike you as the Chinese have a reduced pay system and won’t get near as many days off. The 787 contract won’t be as good for commuters as some of the 737 contracts as they are only offering a 44/16 style contract ie 8 days in a block off per month or work 44 then get 16 off or a non commuting contract with only 42 days vacation per year. If you have any specific questions about recruiting or working just PM me. Overall in my opinion a good contract but China is less friendly at current to ExPats and you will have issues as with all Chinese carriers, it’s significantly different here.