PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford Vs L3 (CTC)
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2019, 21:44
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Swale Smith
Makes total sense, regardless of the route if your not in the higher percentile your time is going to be harder and harder regardless of school, obviously the school can’t fo it for you, a good school should and hopefully will get the most out of its student if he or she has the dexterity for the work...I’m certain I have that side I’m relentless (and I’m sure that will be very well tested) , obviously cant be totally sure how good an individual may be in other aspects just gotta go and do your best.

The large commercial UK schools in common with the airlines have a primary objective ~ maximise the bottom line for the benefit of the shareholders. Depending upon the size of ATO, you will be just a 'number' , a profit unit, in their great sausage machine. After all they are a business, and not a registered charity.

The difficulty comes when the commercial side fails to communicate with the training side as to what is feasible/sensible given the resources available.

So when a subject is blitzed full time by a contractor in a few weeks, it hardly allows time for the osmosis to work for the customer. Just why the CAA allows this, I simply don't know. Well perhaps I do......