PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford Vs L3 (CTC)
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2019, 18:45
sms8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Makes total sense, regardless of the route if your not in the higher percentile your time is going to be harder and harder regardless of school, obviously the school can’t fo it for you, a good school should and hopefully will get the most out of its student if he or she has the dexterity for the work...I’m certain I have that side I’m relentless (and I’m sure that will be very well tested) , obviously cant be totally sure how good an individual may be in other aspects just gotta go and do your best.

Originally Posted by parkfell

Adding to what Alex said, it probably doesn't matter which route you follow. The bottom line is how well you do during your training, and how you perform at the interview etc and simulator assessment with the prospective employer.

So first time passes in all 14 exams with high marks. 90%+ is a figure I have in mind, and particularly well in the Navigation paper. Shows your brain is wired up right. Flying side first time passes within syllabus hours and you enjoy it.

The critical part is the MCC where you learn the 2 crew flying in a jet. This is the acid test, and the most difficult part of the basic training. Your 'suitability' for the RHS will be assessed. Only hard work will produce the standard required.

Be in no doubt that just because you choose to go down the Integrated route (self funding) it will somehow guarantee employment. It will not.
You, the customer, need to come up with the goods. Simple as that.