PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford Vs L3 (CTC)
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2019, 10:57
parkfell

de minimus non curat lex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Alex Whittingham
I think that the idea that these big schools somehow provide a 'better' quality of training to 'carefully selected' cadets originates only from their (very well funded) marketing departments. When you look elsewhere you find a different story. Andy O'Shea, who recently left the post of Ryanair Head of Training, repeatedly said that as far as Ryanair was concerned there was no difference in output quality between selected integrated students and self-improving modular students. Easyjet's Cadet of the year for 2017 (the last year I can find info for) was a modular student
Adding to what Alex said, it probably doesn't matter which route you follow. The bottom line is how well you do during your training, and how you perform at the interview etc and simulator assessment with the prospective employer.

So first time passes in all 14 exams with high marks. 90%+ is a figure I have in mind, and particularly well in the Navigation paper. Shows your brain is wired up right. Flying side first time passes within syllabus hours and you enjoy it.

The critical part is the MCC where you learn the 2 crew flying in a jet. This is the acid test, and the most difficult part of the basic training. Your 'suitability' for the RHS will be assessed. Only hard work will produce the standard required.

Be in no doubt that just because you choose to go down the Integrated route (self funding) it will somehow guarantee employment. It will not.
You, the customer, need to come up with the goods. Simple as that.

Last edited by parkfell; 30th Aug 2019 at 15:40.