PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAE Oxford Vs L3 (CTC)
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2019, 22:24
sms8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

And so your saying undoubtedly that someone who is applying for the first job at somewhere like easyjet or ryan air that has a frozen ATPL done in a modular fashion vs a CAE Oxford / L3 student is going to have an equal chance in gaining employment? I hear what your saying and really hope it's the case, it’s miles more convenient and obviously saves considerable money, it just goes against my logic, if you apply for a job outside the world of aviation and you had a well recognised school in your background lets say for arguments sake Eton College, Cambridge University, Oxford so on and so forth they usually will have preference, its not fair, its not correct and it means little in the real world as it doesn’t usually prove there competence but thats the way it is. All I’ve seemed to hear is the mentioned operators and similar much prefer students from these said intergrated schools a) because they follow there training protocols and adapt to the operator extremely well compared to others b) the fact they've passed at these schools suggests they are proven capable of high work loads (intergrated ground school intensity).

I would much prefer to save the money obviously but I greatly fear at the end of training being unable to turn this into a career or at best being sat on the shelf for 1/2 years... then all of a sudden that 40k saving is now x amount of years salary down the drain... and yes that obviously assumes there is a significant advantage in employability from said schools that enable a faster pathway to employment.

I’m not disagreeing with you , I really don't know , all arguments are convincing, please and I genuinely mean it convince not just me but countless others otherwise that modular will be the right way and a job is just as as easy to attain regardless of training pathways.

Look forward to the responses
Swale

Originally Posted by B61
These two "integrated" schools really are trading on the last dregs of their past reputations. They both have massive delays due to lack of instructors and aircraft. All the money goes on big corporate overheads, and marketing that only the really clueless suckers swallow these days. They are full of RAF/ Sleazyjet/ Middle East sponsored students. You as a whitetail are just a worthless source of easy cash to them.

I am am surprised there are even people still out there who still believe this outdated rubbish. It's 2019, not 2009.

it has been a buoyant market for some years now, and modular have the big plus point that they don't take the 2 years plus that CAE/L3 take to do a job that is done by modular students in half the time, after which they get a job while the integrated losers are moaning about it taking 9 months just to do an IR.

all this guff about guaranteed interview etc is a myth.

Go to Stapelford, Aeros, Diamond In Sweden, Bartolini or Smart in Poland, FTA in Shoreham, Atlantic in Cork for the CPL/MEP/IR. Finish off with a an APS MCC at Virtual Avaition in Cambridge or Simtech in Dublin.

And you can save yourself £40k.