PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Class 1 Initial - referred to psychiatrist!
Old 29th Aug 2019, 19:38
Paulinos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Radgirl
I am sorry you have both had issues.

Reading OP's post, it is obvious the GP simply recorded you had abdominal pain and were concerned about it - perhaps because you were worried it was your appendix, perhaps because you had read IBS was difficult to treat. I normally write on the first line of my consultation notes either 'presented with.....' or 'complaining of.....' but your GP used the words 'anxious about.....' In plain english all three mean the same and do not reflect on the mental health of the patient.

Who knows what the GP interpreted on a 10 minute consultation years before. I have never heard of 'read codes' and suspect the surgery was merely trying to say that is the way doctors write. That is true. It is also true that most GPs have no clue about how the CAA works or the effect of one word in pages of notes.

This has been discussed many times on this board. I really would advise against taking your GP notes or any other data to an examination. It is not required. You could have truthfully answered 'no' to the question about mental health issues, and if your GP had been asked (and he would not have been) he too would have said 'no'. Sadly this one word is a red flag and you will not dissuade the CAA from this silly process. I doubt a letter from your GP will do anything except delay the process further.

Hopefully the psychiatrist will have a modicum of common sense and send you on your way with a clean bill of health.
Thank you