PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tyabb Airshow Returns?
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2019, 22:35
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
From the Peninsula Aero Club newsletter....
After months of no progress with the Shire to agree on a workable permit process, we finally achieved a breakthrough when the Shire CEO agreed to relax the permit requirements. The Shire also agreed to reintroduce the Secondary Consent process, which we had used to manage our primary permit conditions over previous years. I was pleased the Shire CEO (John Baker) has personally become involved and is trying to see things through our lens to allow us to facilitate the Airshow.

I have no doubts in my mind this outcome has all come about through people power across the Peninsula and beyond. I have been utterly taken by surprise by the number of offers of help and support that have come from our local Community to help us close the gaps in the airshow organisation.

Whilst we have a huge amount of work to complete in such a short period of time, the Airshow Committee is incredibly excited that the 2020 airshow will go ahead. We have some great ideas to make our airshow one of the best ever and deliver on everyones expectation of the Tyabb airshow as an international icon event.

Soon we will be sending out a call for volunteers for various jobs and we will need all the help we can get. When members receive their invitation please offer your support to play your part and make the 2020 Tyabb Airshow the best we can, and lets raise as much money as we can to assist our community.

President Jack