PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - forced to pay for a type rating!
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2003, 16:00
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aviate378 - indeed, and this ( i.e. little or no guarantees of employment ) really should be spelt out to wannabes from the outset, but unfortunately many wannabes are both naive and foolish and seem to think that it will not be they who will be the casualties of the whole process.

But boy do these supposedly smart people bleat when the game isn't going the way they'd like and the goal posts have moved along the way, i.e. they've spent the money and can't get a job - which, I'm afraid to report, many of them won't, wherein the path to the front seats of a shiny jet are stroon with fallen wannabes – these being wannabes who've often spent a small fortune, albeit of their own volition.

So, all together.....

“FROM START TO FINISH, THE WHOLE THING IS A MASSIVE GAMBLE !”

and

”There’s one born every minute !”

W.r.t. that NOW we are supposed to make a COMMITMENT and SPEND a very large sum of money for a VERY SPECIFIC type of training WITHOUT GETTING ANY KIND OF COMMITMENT BACK!.....

Then don't do it, but it's a free market economy and if others choose to then that's up to them, just as it's your choice not to partake; veritably there are risks involved with both strategies.

Last edited by Old King Coal; 6th Nov 2003 at 16:21.