PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - forced to pay for a type rating!
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2003, 06:50
Old King Coal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gin Slinger - grow up mate !

The bottom line is that when a pilot has a type-rating, no matter by which route they obtained it, i.e. be it self or airline funded, the result is the same - in that the pilot is rated to operate the aircraft type that is written within their license.

Of course in order to become type-rated these pilots have had to pass the ground exams and license skills test ( LPC / OPC ) and that these must all be completed to a certain standard.

It is on that basis only that the rating issued by the relevant licensing authority - wherein the ability, or not, to pay does not remove the fact that the ground and flying tests still have to be passed and that the pass mark does not very according to ones financial status.

Now this is probably not what you want to hear but I'm afraid that these are the facts of the matter.

Ps. I you want to call-in the press to assess the skills of newly type-rated pilots then please do - wherein what they ( the press ) will find is that these pilots all have the qualifications required to operate the aircraft ( and some of them happen to be bloomin’ good pilots too ! )