PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Airspace Modernisation Proposal & Consultation
Old 20th Aug 2019, 02:11
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bloggs, Thanks, but it has been confirmed by Awol a coupla days ago.

Mr Balloon,

​​​​​​​C’mon, TNIP. We know best. As the reporter commented in the REPCON at the link at #66:
Yep, just look at the damage done to aviation in this country due to that thinking!!

Overall, Class E airspace is quite a pointless concept but never so ridiculously applied as overhead a major destination between Class D and C airspace.
If only the FAA and air travellers in the USA had the benefit of the reporter’s insights.
Yep, the FAA are totally incompetent, US ATC's are just not as good and aluminium falls from the sky on a daily basis.

(I’ve never heard the phrase “cleared the option” in 30 plus years of flying in and out of GAAP/“Metropolitan Class D” i.e. GAAP and Class C aerodromes in Australia. I would have queried it and will query it immediately, as I have no idea what it means. I’ll make a guess and suggest that it’s used by the ADF - like cleared to land “check wheels” - and is working its way by osmosis to civvy ops?)
Mate, I've never heard it in 30 years, never. But go figure, it happens every day!!