PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Airspace Modernisation Proposal & Consultation
Old 19th Aug 2019, 13:23
Awol57

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by The name is Porter
Yeah really, I seriously doubt it goes on at all, let alone on a daily basis (during courses).

So far the only people saying it goes on are ATC's. ATC's who don't like an ex ATC criticising a serious lack of service to VFR aircraft in this country. ATC in this country suffer from some sort of 'Worlds Best Practice' bias. I've been fortunate enough to fly VFR extensively in the US, I 'suffered' from the same bias until I did.

ATC in this country are very close minded. There are lessons to be learned from a system that does it far better than us. I struggle to understand where and why it started to go wrong. I did my UPPL at Bankstown in the early 90's, there were 10 aircraft in the training circuit, more sometimes. Why is the training circuit limited to 6 aircraft now?

Australia, the lucky country.........not.
OK, you got us. We made it up.

You need to talk to CASA about the limit, that was dropped from 10 to 6 when they changed from GAAP to Class D as a result of the MB accident. Eventually CASA either ammended that to 8 or dropped it, not sure I had moved on from metro D. But I probably made that up too.