PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Airspace Modernisation Proposal & Consultation
Old 14th Aug 2019, 14:42
The name is Porter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any VFR will be able to transit over any major regional TW/APP unit at or above A045 without any restrictions,
Do yourself a favor, rent a C172 in the US and fly over the top of a Class D tower at A045 'with no restrictions' better still, not having to call the tower. I felt free for the first time! alleujah! I made it back to the home of aviation alive!

and without any charges or flight plans or anything at all whatsoever,
Why are you and everyone else in this nanny state obsessed with 'user pays?' So you think VFR in this country are paying nothing for the zero 'service' they get now? How is a flight plan or charges going to make the operation safer?

how is this an appropriate way to manage an airways system when fare paying passengers and nav charges paying rpt airlines are exposed to this level of disruption to safe operations ?
Oh geesus spare me............ It appears to me that airline pilots in the US remember that they used to fly VFR at some point in their career. That they forked out enough money for their training without having to 'pay' to overfly a Class D tower and therefore keeping an RPT jet passengers safe. It is a sight to behold when you overfly a Tower, see an Embraer taxying without having to go through the bull**** of 'clearance not available, remain OCTA' because there is one aircraft taxying.

USA:

'Rochester Tower, N10XT due weather request clearance to Rochester'
TOWER: 'N10XT, squawk ident'
'N10XT with ident'
TOWER: 'N10XT track direct the field, RWY 31, cleared to land'

WTF?? There's got to be a catch, too easy.

Last edited by The name is Porter; 14th Aug 2019 at 15:01.