PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair UK pilots vote for strike
View Single Post
Old 10th Aug 2019, 13:05
Ranmore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello "de fumo in flammam"

I note that you do not declare your experience level in dealing with, negotiating and navigating industrial matters from a union or airline management perspective.
I would be interested to hear how you arrive at your quite outspoken viewpoint - and what union/management experience you have benefitted from please.
Hindsight is a convenient quality that you seem to have in abundance to be fair.

I am a BALPA rep for another UK airline - and have been for a few years. It is fair to say that a number of years ago we very occasionally felt that BALPA sometimes fell a little short in terms of support. However - a new General Secretary together with implementation of diligent working practices and pro-active membership engagement has genuinely meant that BALPA has "upped it's game" significantly at every level.
I can personally assure you that the support and advice received by the CC I serve upon is very good indeed. I am also privileged to personally meet and engage with other fellow CC reps from the UK aviation industry - including RYR reps. We regularly meet to formally exchange views, ideas and concerns on all issues that effect our pilot community. I have never once heard from any of the other airlines CC reps that the level of support from BALPA is of any concern whatsoever.

Your location I see is in the US. Are you a BALPA member? Of course if you are a BALPA member - then I may suggest you contact them for detail as to where membership funds are spent or directed - then at least you will have information upon which you can factually post.
You appear to confidently state that you "know" that membership fees are spent on BALPA (employees) final salary pensions.
A bold yet sadly wholly inaccurate opinion that is regularly aired by those wishing to criticise the association.

Your comment that the "ill equipped CCs are boys in a game of men" is frankly discourteous and merely indicative of your embarrassing level of ignorance.

As a CC rep - my desire is to serve my fellow pilot colleagues to the very best of my ability with honesty and integrity. Please let me unequivocally state - that without BALPA's professional support then that task would be very difficult indeed.

Finally - I wish my fellow reps at RYR and at BA every success.

Last edited by Ranmore; 10th Aug 2019 at 17:54. Reason: add text