PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2019, 04:41
shamrock_f22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wanted to share my support for all BA staff in getting better pay deals and working conditions
​​​​​​
I've always wanted to be a pilot and I'm slowly edging towards that dream but the closer I get, and the more I speak to current pilots, the more I question whether I actually want to do it anymore.

I won't recall every single instance but I've met a lot of pilots recently (including BA) and most, if not all, seemed genuinely unhappy, tired and disillusioned. What really stands out to me though is that very few know their true value as a human being and as an airline employee and those who do, are drowned out by the "be grateful" crowd.

This is what has ruined recruitment at entry/junior level because people will do anything the airlines demand of them because they're "grateful" just to be considered. And when they're in the job, keep schtum, put up with it because you should be grateful for what you get.

Absolute nonsense. Your contribution and position in the company should be viewed in its own merit. As a public company you have every right to question how the company rewards and renumerates its exec staff and shareholders if you're the ones who are paying for it, contributing to success and profits and seeing a lack of reinvestment in your career.

I have friends and family who worked for BA for years as ground and IT staff, treated like absolute garbage by the management but who never collectively united to make their voices heard.

About time BA pilots stood together. What makes me sad is Im sure there are pilots watching in the sidelines from other carriers who see this as an opp to jump to BA and the airline knows that so will hold it over your heads as leverage.

Best of luck to you all

Last edited by shamrock_f22; 8th Aug 2019 at 04:54.