PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Whoops...
Thread: Whoops...
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2019, 07:35
Lord Farringdon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by goeasy
So... P.A. to pax in terminal. "We are really sorry but your aircraft has two unserviceable seats. WE can cancel the flight (and subsequent ones) rebooking you days later, or we can operate the flight, as long as you promise not to take photos of friends etc appearing to be sitting in the seat."

What would your vote be? I would have offloaded anyone stupid enough to even sit down on seat with a sign saying DO NOT USE!
I presume she would have used a lav locked/labelled 'inop' as well?

Go easy, Go Easy. The image of the woman appears to have been taken four days after the image of the seats with 'dont sit here' signs and it seems those scrappy signs may have come off after four days of turnarounds. Even if the signs were still there, I would expect that she had been directed by the cabin crew to rest there, out of the way of boarding passengers, until they could identify a seat for her. So not stupid, but probably very confused, maybe even a little embarrassed and just following the directions of her crew.
Anyway, it's not about her. Its about Easyjet and their culture that allows this type of operation to be normal.