PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Recurrency and Instrument Renewal (HELP)
Old 7th Aug 2019, 00:59
VH DSJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fluke
Thanks for posting the link to that form. I didn't know we were able to do that.
I am going to do a refresher course on the 777 shortly. I am familiar with the EASA regulation regarding the amount of sim and ground school required for an expired rating. I have searched the CASA website looking for information regarding this but no luck so far. I am about 18 months out of the saddle!
No worries. I had to find all this out myself. The CASA website wasn't at all helpful so I emailed CLARC and someone there had a vague idea of the process.

You'll need to inform the overseas examiner that he/she will need to tick the boxes on the CASA IPC form 61-1512 (just the flight component section). https://www.casa.gov.au/sites/default/files/instrument-rating-proficiency-check-checklist-form-61-1512.pdf

You then get a CASA approved Flight Examiner to tick the ground knowledge component tick boxes on the form. Any ATO/FE can do the ground component; it doesn't have to be one rated on type. He/she then signs you off on your license and submits the paper work to CASA, including a copy of the foreign examiner's license and the foreign simulator's qualification certificate.