PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair downsizing
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2019, 18:54
SaulGoodman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ph-sbe
We agree on only one thing: "what an outfit".

There is a reason why young people in .nl have difficulties getting a permanent job: the ridiculous labor laws. Here in the U.S., I can get let go at any time. That means there is virtually no risk for an employer to hire me. When I still lived in .nl, I was hired on a 1-year contract and another 1-year contract and another 1-year contract, simply because once I was hired on permanently, it was pretty much impossible to get let go. Big difference. I prefer the U.S. system over the .nl system because it is way more flexible.

That said, as I pointed out before, the courts and laws in .nl are heavily favorited towards employees, as is common in all of the EUSSR. This is perhaps also the reason why the GDP per capita is $48K for .nl and $59K for the U.S.

But most importantly: yes, it is likely that RYR will lose the case again, despite being more at liberty to discuss their economic performance. But all of that is irrelevant. In the end, RYR will still win, as they will no longer have the base. The only thing that is at stake for them is the price they have to pay to close the base. The real losers in the case are the crew. They pay heavily for the only mistake they made: choosing RYR to fly for. RYR sucks, and when I fly as a passenger, I prefer to pay a little more in order to have good service and a well-paid, happy crew. I will never fly RYR.
average working hours in the us per year: 1800
in NL: 1435
if you solely base your reasoning on GDP per capita you should take more factors into account.