PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA422 smoke incident Valencia
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2019, 16:55
Dominator2

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
giggitygiggity,

Thank you for your ranting and rather rude post. Yes, I am a pilot of 41 years experience and thankfully none completed in the commercial world. All of my flying career was spent as a Military Aviator defending Queen and Country. In the RAF we chose to protect our rear crew by providing over pressure/100% oxygen and masks. I was, therefore, educated by your discourteous answer to my post. Clearly, you are another who has been brain washed by the system?

I incorrectly assumed that the civilian sector provided better protection for it's passengers! I suspect that over the ages this is just another area where safety has been eroded? The financial imperative to reduce weight, reduce fuel burn, reduce costs against providing a safe environment to fly in. All very well for the pilots to safely land the aircraft but if all of the passengers are dead due to asphyxiation, then they have failed.

Thanks Milhouse999, for providing some reasoned sanity into the discussion. Once again this incident highlights a number of issue where Commercial Interest outweigh Flight Safety and common sense. When will the Regulators or the airlines sort out the mess that is too much luggage and other rubbish in the cabin. The hold is designed to carry luggage and that is where it should go. This would then significantly reduce the problems of bags during an evacuation.

Who will be the first to take the lead and enforce Flight Safety First?