PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair downsizing
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2019, 13:29
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anto125
Man, I think you're really undervaluating the situation... of course the brits will holiday without caring, but jet2 has also a minority of foreign employees.
The point is that nobody has a clue of what will happen to the portugese (example) pilot working in the UK to send the brits to holiday...working visa? Retroactive? Shall he apply for it? Does company has to pay for it? We will discover this maybe in 1 month and it will be effective in less than 2. And you prime minister doesn't seem very collaborative.

Then the 737max: China Southern cancelled the orders, Air canada as well, Southwest and United extended cancellations and god knows who else.
This said I'm not stating that Ryanair is collapsing and everybody is in danger, getting the big picture it's always good, but looking at the situation from Mars comparing it with the 10 years ago situation may be a bit too far too.

As for the sims working at full regime as you say, it took one morning for them to freeze all the incoming types, it will take just another morning not to renew training contracts. Seeing cadet programs advertisement on facebook or wherever doesn't mean they're still hiring (I don't know details aboit this).
Again man, I hope so much you're right, I'm wrong and this situation will get solved in 3 months.

ryr cannot cancel the the max orders. The airbus order book is a ten year waiting list, the company cannot do anything else. Their expansion plans have painted them into a corner, let alone not having engineers, sims, etc to do anything other than 737s. Lauda in essence is a separate company.

uk government has already guaranteed rights for non Brit workers already in uk. I am certain if there was a future problem ryr would just do a paper “base” in the home country but operate them from uk, just they do to Morocco based pilots, they work in rak without a work permit and they carry a letter that says they are based in uk...!

The uk according to their last results provide 22% of their profits, they cannot pivot away from uk, nor risk giving share to easy/ba/j2.

According to the head of training only a couple of months ago they need 1000 pilots a year. What has changed? Did I miss the announcement that they have canceled the max orders? Did I miss the change to their growth plans they have signed off with the city? Nothing has fundamentally changed.

No, it’s just timing. Keep the BIG PICTURE.