PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair downsizing
View Single Post
Old 4th Aug 2019, 12:39
UAV689

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brexit is the go too standard excuse for everything at the moment. I am sick of it.

J2 last week said it’s having zero impact, brits will still holiday. Ryr said a few months ago, all plans are in place, it won’t cause that much of a drama. Until the disgruntled pilots ballot, then they wheel that excuse out again. The CFO last week was telling investors and press all is absolute rosey, yet mick and Eddie must scare the staff into submission again. It really is a tired and outdated form of management, and they are struggling to keep control for the last few years in the age of WhatsApp and fb etc.

A few few years ago they used SARS, just whatever excuse is close by is handy to scare the masses.

Every winter ryr parks aircraft, read the annual report and you can see this year is no exception. If people really think they will downsize crews with 200 new jets coming, you need your head tested and you are clearly the reason Vanv was invented. Not being able to see the big picture.

What at is the point in letting some crews go, when they will need them again when the maxes arrive! This is not a company shrinking it is still growing.

The lead time time to get crews through recruitment, through the sims, line training and to the line is ages. 6 months at least if you factor in the notice period at current employer, perhaps more for cadets. The sims are planned for the next 18months. They are still advertising daily for Ltc and Sfi...why is that....

bases may close, but this can and will always happen anyway, regardless in ryr. Look at gla a few years ago. Beaten into submission for new base agrement, told if it is not signed they will close the base. Guess what, it was signed, and they shut the base anyway 2 months later. If you are in a base of less than 5 aircraft and no significant infrastructure there that ryr need (ie hangers/stores/sims) its a risk you take being at a small base, for any airline.

BIG PICTURE PEOPLE

Originally Posted by anto125
I really hope you are right guys.
Nobody is saying they're going bankrupt soon, simply that thay have an important pilot surplus for the planning they had.
Everybody knows they're getting 200 737s max, but when?
Brexit is going to happen 99% with a no deal soon, do you have any details on that?
Let's be realistic guys, how can an airline face the future with such great unsolved points?
Mentioned numbers of crew excess may be exagerated for the reasons you mention above, but I really think we won't have an answer really soon on what's the plan other than cutting jobs...
Again I hope I'm wrong!

Last edited by UAV689; 4th Aug 2019 at 13:01.