PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2019, 07:38
Jonathan01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Freedomfromopression
Having left EK and now settled into my new ‘lovely’ home I cannot believe how happy and free I feel. I wasted 7yrs in Dubai, and came away with nothing but anxiety over sim checks, road rage, reduced crew ULR flights, delirious sleep habits, planning of vacations and general BS! My pension fund has grown at twice the rate of EK (and no threat to take even a penny from me if I leave tomorrow!). I am now part of a company that has respect for every employee. I literally feel free to live! The bags under my eyes have gone! I have more excess cash in my pocket each month than I did at EK! Anyone that says that the EU only offers the likes of FR is wrong! The gulf is losing the last bit of appeal. Good luck to the die hards
Is that down to improved spending habits? Because looking at it at face value - you had tax free salary + accommodation paid. In your home country you would have to pay taxes + mortgage (unless you're mortgage free). Looks like you've probably looked at your spending habits and worked on it. Or maybe someone else is funding you ancillary spends and hence more money in your pocket ?