PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2019, 07:12
Jonathan01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Freedomfromopression
It’s only fair to share experiences with potential new hires at EK. It’s a long prison sentence if you realise after 1year that you made a mistake. I know of several people who are still at EK and describe their feeling as being on a permanent heightened state of anxiety and pressure pot of anger.

When they see the cost of a jar of pasta sauce costing 5 or 6 times more than the price in the UK you start to see exactly where your money goes in UAE. Cellblock H or meydan south and the regular problems, the list just goes on. I wish I had never made the move away from UK. I have had 3 pay rises in just over 12 months and a big fat bonus yesterday. You don’t even get the contractual pay rises at EK.....the ones written in black and white! Am I lying at EK guys???? Let the newbies know the truth at least
That's quite ridiculous, whoever does the shopping. They are shopping at the wrong places. Ask your mate/colleague or whoever to go shop at Carrefour, Lulu. They can get pasta sauces there which are cheaper/on par with UK prices depending on the brand they choose.

The other bits in your post, well hope it all works out for you.