PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin and the China connection
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2019, 09:56
Manwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Asturias56
" The whole fabric of a community dies when the glue that holds that fabric together is dissolved. That glue was women who stayed at home and served their families up until 40 or 50 years ago."

but that world has changed, long gone and will never return....

You can either accept it and move on or sit in a corner, ranting and raging while people & events just pass you by. I sympathise, I really do - there is much of the current world and society I don't like either

Few people like change but we all have to put up with it.

If you fix any society in one place it works for a few years and then it gradually means a larger and larger eventual correction - think Russia 1914, Japan 1850 or China 1900....................
Asturias, we may have had to put up with it when we were young, but in case you haven't noticed, we're elders now, at least I am, and if the elders in society simply run off and kick up their heels on retirement like they're programmed to do, then the powers that be get a free ride. There is a reason previous changes didn't work for long, and it boils down to underestimating the enemy. Much like people are doing now.

Anyway, when Billy Shakespeare said "To be or not to be, that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, or to take up arms against a sea of troubles and, so doing, end them..." I reckon he favoured being, wouldn't you?