Old 29th Jul 2019, 10:10
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TUI

Originally Posted by jon01
TUI Update 26 July

SmartLynx A320 ES-SAQ is arriving to replace B738 G-FDZT

A321 SX-ACP continues to be based
September sees one TUI aircraft removed from the base after the first week believed to be related to an end of lease somewhere (Estonian or Olympus?),although also reported bookings are soft nationally.

The changes have resulted in 16 fewer flights a week than August and only 2 were originally planned.

The shocker is Porto Santo as this after FNC which went earlier the year. The other destinations have multiple frequencies and I assume just consolidated.

BHX is not alone with Manchester having around 23 fewer flights a week in September than August and Gatwick 35-40 (these are estimates and confirmation required) but what I don't know about these two bases is exactly how many were planned originally and how many aircraft involved but Manchester would seem to be 1 or 2 and maybe up to 3 at Gatwick. I am sure Scottie Dog will correct me or add some more specific information re Manchester.

October will see another aircraft removed from BHX but this was planned however the weekly flights dip from 110 (Aug) - 94 (Sept) to 60 odd in October and I am not convinced all these were planned but as it is end of season I didn't note the original schedule but not all 6 based are busy every day or at least appear not to be.

Winter 2019/20 has also seen cuts with TFS down from 4 to 3, LPA 3 to 2, ACE 3 to 2, Marsa which I am sure was bookable once has gone and the extra Hurghada has gone. Good news Agadir remains and although no longer 4 based all week on short-haul there are on Friday, Saturday and Sunday like last year.

Pete