PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin and the China connection
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2019, 04:10
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I get a little sick and tired of Virgin having the boots sunk into it because of its ownership structure. Virgin is majority foreign owned, which it is perfectly entitled to be. But what perhaps Dick Smith and the like seem to forget is that they employ 10,000 Australians. I know my family don’t give two hoots about the fact some Chinese companies own a minority stake in Virgin, they just care that the pay cheque arrives every fortnight. And I bet that is the case for the other 10000 families that Virgin have employees with.
Spot on. Is every other company in this country Australian owned? Are all companies that operate in respective countries owned by the respective citizens?

Personally I don’t care who owns a company, all I care about is a good product and service. The fact 10,000 Australian families can put food on the table pay taxes and not be on the dole is even better.

All good and well having a bash at the Chinese but watch what happens if they pull ALL their money out overnight, the place would simply collapse. The time/opportunity for self sufficiency been and gone we are now totally addicted to their business and money better get used to it as you’ll see more and more of it (if we are lucky).