PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stay away from Emirates. (EK)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2019, 13:23
Spamcam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I honestly don't know why people still go there. It is probably one of the most toxic and stressful work environments that takes its toll on you after a few years. The whole region especially Dubai thrives on consumerism and money and the whole system is quite sickening and messed up. The constant stress, lack of sleep, consumer driven rat-race is just nauseating. There is much more to life than that.
I left EK after a brief 3 years and returned home (third world country by the way). The absolute joy and appreciation I get from everyday normal life is hard to explain. Yes I earn less money, but I realized money can not buy you the simple things in life - fresh air, nature, greenery, rain etc.
For the guys going there now beware - It is a slave-ship. You will lose all passion for flying within a few years. I've warned so many of my colleagues here at home and still they go... However a few phoned me after a few months to check how things are back home as they realized they made a mistake and wanted to come back... Just saying....