PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AW139 Crash in Bahamas - 7 Killed
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2019, 07:09
Hot and Hi

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Same again
Thank you for inserting bold type John - very kind of you to point out my dopey error.

I read it again and as far as I can see FH is asserting that there are people here insinuating that the accident was caused by inept pilots screwing up. I am one who suggested that a possible cause of the accident due to the circumstances is one of loss of control due to loss of situational awareness and that can happen to anyone. The only person who has used those terms in FH himself.

Paco - note above.
Yes, I can confirm that a good part of this discussion was about whether we should show understanding for otherwise qualified pilots who fail to mentally prepare for and then execute well established procedures for a black hole departure. I am not sure who started this debate, but it was argued that a pilot with the right aptitude and attitude would ensure not to become spatially or situationally disoriented and lose control.

That while no human is perfect (hence the repeated mention of "it can happen to all of us", it actually mustn't happen to none of us.