PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Concorde thread (Don't start a separate one!)
Old 4th Nov 2003, 16:42
BRISTOLRE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alpha Golf show LHR

Wonderful takeoff roll & departure from LHR yesterday after the rains cleared away.

Lots of people around, a good 300 or so turned out lining the Stanwell Moor Road and Longford roundabouts.

Strange how BAA T5 security came out in Land Rovers 5 mins before her late departure to turf everyone out of kerbside areas around the perimter roads. People were strongly defiant in being asked to move away as Alpha Golf commenced her final LHR take off roll. These heartless people have a job to do but the crowds disperse once Concorde had gone. This Scottish geezer had the cheek to openly admit "I am just doing my job better than being a bloody anorak". He nearly got belted by a "well built" Concorde fan trying to take photos.
Strange thing was all the construction workers and digger drivers stopped work and clambered up on fences & concrete barriers momentarily to have a glimpse... Security team never had a go at them only the innocent bona-fide Concorde supporters.

Thanks for the remainder of the final movements program, we are ALL much obliged. Nice one. Keep us updated if any sked changes.

Another thing..
BBC breakfast news today said that there would be a flight from LHR-SEA leaving LHR today... me thinks they got their days mixed up. Either that or there will be tons of people today lining the roads again for nothing!