PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots vote to strike
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 22:32
gtseraf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dannyboy39

You can trade a KLMAF / Lufty pay deal with an easy or a Ryan or any other P2F operator. The point I’m trying to make is that the whole industry is in the same boat as well as looking at it from an outsiders point of view - ie the customers and potential ones. Pilots earning 6 figures rejecting 11.5% over 3 years doesnt look good. How many people have the luxury of turning down such an offer? BALPA do a great job for their members however not everyone has the same protections. Cabin crew in some airlines barely make the living wage. Engineers and office staff longer hours on reduced resources whilst competing against reduced margins from E Europe and other territories.
This is where the pilot representative group needs to get hold of a good marketing company and spin their very valid point of view in a way the average person on the street will support. The, in my opinion, obscene packages the CEO's and other top people are earning in corporations is happily accepted by the masses due to the spin these people have sold to the masses.

I say, Good on you BA pilots, it is time pilots stood up for themselves, I really would like to see more of this around the world.