PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA Pilots Offered Pay Rise For MFF
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2019, 09:10
Gnadenburg

Received 92 Likes on 41 Posts
Originally Posted by kahaha

Gangen, don’t display your ignorance through a vested interest in self supporting and justifying your own position in the Hong Kong community.

Halfcaste : OED: a contemptuous term used to refer to a person descended from parents of two different social strata.
Its still a word that is used, and is not rascist. You my friend are jumping to conclusions with too many assumptions.

There are an abundance of well educated, successful and socially available white pilots in Hong Kong, who choose, for whatever reason, to select partners from a different social , cultural and more importantly educational social strata.
There are many reasons to drift into this position. Asian women for example, of philippino or indonesian origin, are ultimately subservient and are tolerant of the incredible age differences that exist between older white pilots and their asian spouses.
Show me an example of an Asian man, who has a 20 year younger caucasian wife? Yep, never happens.

Again, these poor workers, who arrive in Hong Kong, as we all did, for opportunity. Opportunity to better themselves. To earn high salaries. If this also means meeting an older divorcee , who can provide for them, then so be it. I know one former DH who still calls her hubby “sir”.

In Asia, You are not marrying the girl, you are marring into the family. Alot of guys don’t realise this. If this “yellow fever “ floats your boat, then so be it. Good luck with that provident fund in your retirement.

Another silly post.

I'm not justifying any position in Hong Kong. Actually, as I made clear in my original post, folks like yourself are dreary simpletons that, in many respects, the rest of us pay for. It's your low EQ, and that of a percentage of the pilot ranks, that has all the HR inclusiveness forced upon. Even signing on, there's the billboard of a couple of odd looking blokes, holding hands, as if in a suicide pact. It's dicks like you whom lack a metered decency that are catalysts for the gut-churning excesses of the HR types.

Half-caste by definition can be taken in offence. Try it out. Call your colleagues of mixed ethnicity half castes. Your cabin crew of mixed descent. Call them half-castes. I mean the cabin crew, with ESL, have a decency to refer to their colleagues as "mixed". Try it out on a burly FO, Dad to mixed race children. Call his kids half-castes. Or KA managers, many who have mixed race children. Ask them how their half-caste kids are going. Or talk about their yellow fever. Raise the issue professionally, in joint CRM classes.

You're brave on keyboard but you won't last long in the job brandishing this sort of crap around. And that's it though. We probably don't hear a peep from you at work.

In Hong Kong, many westerners are married to Asian women who are successful, highly educated ( more so than pilot hubby ) or wealthy in their own right. Or hard working in their own professions. Or their parents are incredibly wealthy.

And so what for the rest of your unsophisticated observations? The world's probably a better place for it but you've tried to drive it home as some sort of depressing failure. Again, says more about you.

illtellyouhowitis

I'm guessing this one of your better 20 pprune posts?

Last edited by Gnadenburg; 22nd Jul 2019 at 11:38.