PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MEA (Middle East Airlines) cadet selection 2007
Old 20th Jul 2019, 09:46
Hagop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boaatgoa
Hello guys, I'm trying to apply to the cadet program for 2019. however I'm above the age limit... I'm 1992 and the last accepted birthdate is 1994. Does anyone know if they are flexible towards that issue? because the application doesnt go through if it doesnt meet all the requirements (1994, 168 cm height, etc.) What shall I do?
Going around the age requirement is absolutely doable. It's sad to say this but contacts/referrals help a lot. I have seen cadets way above the age limit getting accepted into the program during all these years. In fact, there are 2 cadets at the moment at FTE undergoing their training at age 30. You need to talk to someone who knows someone to get you through this age requirement. Concerning your height, they have set their minimum standard as 170 cm, and they are seriously strict about this during the initial medical examination with one of MEA's in house physicians. But then again, you might get around this requirement with the right contacts. Let them know about these 2 obstacles before you apply. We live in an unfair environment, all I can say is good luck!