PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Birmingham-7
Thread: Birmingham-7
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2019, 18:26
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air India & May Route Analysis

Originally Posted by OltonPete
Word has it not too much interest in buying the ex MAEL hangar (unless all hush hush) but it still gets the occasional visitor. Tonight a Neos Boeing 789 has just arrived and I assume another pay as you use arrangement with the Administrator.

The Gainjet 734 has finally gone (last week) so plenty of space.

BHX have issued a press release heralding the new Wizz Polish routes, glossed over the fact one (Poznan) actually only ended this year and "new" is certainly pushing it a bit but sounds better than reinstated I suppose.

A couple of things pending - whether Air India will bring forward the Amritsar service from mid-September and of course the Amsterdam and CDG Flybe slots up for grabs.

AI113 from Delhi tonight flew over Pakistan and timed at 8 hours 46 around an hour quicker than the last few months.

Emirates are showing a one-stop BHX -Amritsar service now using SpiceJet on the DXB-ATQ leg and I am sure some booking engines show Indigo as well.

Pete
Air India Amritsar 15 August apparently although not on sale and possibly an extra flight on a Friday from late September to make it daily once agai.

May route analysis - Credit CAA for the passenger figures, FR24 for rotations therefore there might be some errors and various seat-map websites for load factor and again these vary so not 100% accurate.

I don't think Emirates has been 70% plus in May very often and slightly disappointing Qatar didn't pick up more passengers. Air India reflects the lack of seats. No change with Vienna and Agadir but Flybe continue to operate as if nothing happened. Cut Zante and Stockholm off but the latter never operated and Zante was 171 average pax and 82& load factor

Pete